Amy Julius Short
Amy Julius Short is the 4th generation of the Julius family to join Walnut Ridge Nursery & Garden Center. Born and raised in Southern Indiana, Amy grew up at the garden center with her parents, David and Cecilia, and her brother, Brian. Amy spent the last 15 years as a teacher here in Southern Indiana before joining the family business. We are thrilled to announce her arrival as the new Garden Center Manager, and we asked her a few questions to help our customers get to know her a little better:
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
The chance to be creative and getting to help others
- What does a typical work day look like for you and what projects are you currently working on?
Opening the store each morning and running day to day operations, and setting up for what is next. We are currently working on setting up Spring!
- What is on your wish list for the next 5 years?
I hope to grow in my knowledge of the business and learn all about plants and plant material.
- What are you biggest professional challenges?
Learning everything I can about plants and plant material, and being a working mom and wife.
- What do you like most about your job?
Being creative & helping others
- What advice would you give to someone looking to get into the garden center/horticulture business?
Make sure you can find joy in growth & change
- What is your personal motto?
Be the change you want to see in the world, and be nice and kind all the time!
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Anything Disney Related!
We are constantly adding new specials to our site. Be sure to check back often!